Reporting to the Head Coach for the baseball team, Assistant/ Head Developmental Baseball Coach will be responsible for assisting in the overall administration of the Baseball program. It is his/her responsibility to foster and encourage goals of student-athletes, stress the elements of sportsmanship and fair play and do so with the mission of Barton College, Conference Carolinas and the NCAA.
· To assist the head coach in conducting the sport program according to all College, Conference Carolinas, and NCAA rules regulations, guidelines, and standards for financial aid, eligibility and recruiting.
· To coach and administrate the developmental program.
· To assist in preparation and operate within the sport budget and follow purchasing and spending guidelines as set by the College.
· To successfully complete the NCAA Division 2 Coaches Curriculum Required Courses. (yearly)
· To assist in the scheduling, execution of, and supervision of all team practice sessions. Complete developmental game schedules with confirmed travel arrangements under the guidance of the head coach.
· To assist in the recruitment of quality student-athletes while meeting roster goals.
· To assist with student-athlete eligibility certification and completion of forms and medical exams and provide NCAA reports to the Compliance Office as required, report any NCAA rules violations, injuries or accidents involving student-athletes, and misconduct of student- athletes.
· To work, communicate, and develop rapport with students, parents, alumni, faculty/staff, and administration and to engage in public relations activities and to promote Barton College and the sport program in a positive manner.
· To perform any additional duties that may be assigned by the Head Baseball coach or the Director of Athletics.
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience:
Bachelor’s and/or Associate’s (AA) degree required. Collegiate playing experience and coaching experience preferred. Must be willing to obtain certifications in CPR/First Aid and AED and be willing to obtain other certifications as needed. Possession of or ability to obtain a valid North Carolina Driver’s license. Experience and knowledge of Baseball training with the ability to improve individual techniques/skills and game strategy. Experience and knowledge of NCAA regulations.
Strong oral and written skills; excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, and adequate computer skills.
High ethical standards and ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff, students and other publics. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
How To Apply:
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. If interested, please submit a letter of interest, current resume, and contact information for three people who are willing to serve as professional references to email@example.com.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Any claims of discrimination for Title IX or otherwise should be directed to our Title IX Coordinator, Victoria A. Morris, at P.O. Box 5000, Wilson, NC 27893, or at 252-399-6330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.