Barton College has an opening for a Financial Aid Advisor who will primarily focus on process, communication, missing documents, database management, and other administrative duties.
- Communicate effectively through email and conversation, ensuring that students and families understand the required steps to complete financial aid.
- Ensure office supplies are stocked
- Prepare financial aid packets for delivery.
- Maintain the financial aid database as an integral role to this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the position will be attending meetings in other locations.
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to interpret complex rules, regulations, and policies
- Organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Understands financial aid and has experience assisting students and families with the FAFSA
Please submit a current resume and contact information for at least three professional references (all should be MS Word or PDF format) to Human Resources, at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Any claims of discrimination for Title IX or otherwise should be directed to our Title IX Coordinator, Victoria A. Morris, at P.O. Box 5000, Wilson, NC 27893, or at 252-399-6330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.