Members of the Barton College Community,
The College’s Emergency Response Team is closely monitoring the weather conditions forecasted for Thursday, March 18, 2021.
Currently, forecasts predict over an inch of rain, severe thunderstorms, damaging winds, and the potential for hail/isolated tornadoes. At this time, the approximate arrival of this severe weather is Thursday evening between 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
The College will continue to update the campus community as more information becomes available. We plan to send another update early this evening. As needed, the College will also communicate with the campus community again tomorrow morning.
* To prepare for the possibility of severe weather, remember to —
- Make sure your cell phones are charged.
- Make sure your family is aware of your location.
- Make sure your office and residence hall windows are closed and secure.
- Make sure you have dined or picked up your meal in the Culinary Center before 6 p.m. if you are a residential student.
- Make a concerted effort to park your vehicles on campus away from trees that could be damaged from high winds.
Remember to stay indoors when the severe weather begins.
If a Tornado Warning Alert is issued, immediately move to an interior space of your building with no windows.
Hackney Hall Residents should move to their bathrooms.
East Campus Suites, Hilley Hall, Waters Hall, and Wenger Hall Residents should move to interior hallways.
Please watch your email for additional updates throughout tomorrow.
Office of Public Relations