Barton College is accepting applications for an Assistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Cross Country and Track & Field, a 12- month full-time position with an immediate start date. Barton College Athletics is a member of the Conference Carolinas and competes at the NCAA Division II level.
Duties as the Assistant Cross Country and Track & Field Coach include, but are not limited to:
· Assist in the recruitment and retention of a team for each gender that meets departmental roster goal numbers
· Practice planning and implementation for specified group
· Assist in conditioning, training, and performance of the Track & Field team
· Providing leadership to facilitate academic and personal success by the team’s student-athletes
· Performance of other administrative tasks necessary in coaching both teams as assigned by the Head Coach
· Travel related to competition; involvement in the Wilson community with activities such as team community service work, camps, and promotion of the sport.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. The successful applicant will need to have certification in First Aid, CPR, and AED and must pass the Division II University Training Modules within the first two weeks of employment. A valid driver’s license is required.
Previous college Cross Country/Track and Field coaching experience at an institution of higher education is highly preferred. Prior experience in NCAA Division II athletics and Cross Country/Distance/Mid-distance knowledge are highly desired.
To apply, please send a letter of application/cover letter, resume/vita, and contact information (e-mail addresses and telephone numbers) for at least three references to Tim Foster, Head Coach of Men’s and Women’s Cross Country/Track and Field, and Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org (all files should be MS Word or PDF format). Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Any claims of discrimination for Title IX or otherwise should be directed to our Title IX Coordinator, Victoria A. Morris, at P.O. Box 5000, Wilson, NC 27893, or at 252-399-6330, or email@example.com.