Reporting to the Director of Student Activities and Greek Life, Graduate Assistant Coordinator of Greek Life is a part-time, 12-month position with preference of living on campus. The Graduate Assistant is an excellent opportunity for a graduate student who is interested in Higher Education and specifically in Campus Life areas. The position will help in the development and growth of Barton’s Greek Life. This candidate will be a collaborator for providing vision and direction to the Office of Campus Life with specific responsibility of Greek Life. Not only does this position support the current Greek organizations on campus but they are also charged with adding additional growth in the Greek Community that meets our students needs and interest.
This candidate will assist in the college’s strategic planning with creativity through our distinctive identity, pivotal partnerships, and radical innovations; more specifically in cultivating a stronger fraternity and sorority life program so that is engages 25% of our campus population. The position will take a lead in developing all or our students to elevate skills needed to become campus, community, and regional leaders in service and engagement through Greek Life. The Graduate Assistant Coordinator of Greek Life will focus on serving the entire campus population, including commuters and, residential students. This position will play a large role in planning for our New Student Orientation and Welcome Weekend.
● Represent Barton College by exemplifying respect and focusing on educational development in each interaction with students, families, and coworkers.
● Serve as the representative for the Campus Life office on college committees, as requested and appointed.
● Review, research, and evaluate, as necessary, all aspects of trends in Greek Life programs to ensure optimum understanding of the student/staff needs, concerns, attitudes, etc., and will develop, with appropriate staff assistance, policies, programs, and procedures designed to meet those needs.
● Manage the National Panhellenic Council as well as the Interfraternity Council, will leading our organizations.
● Assist with the Student Center and provide a welcoming, clean, and inviting space for all students to want to interact in the space.
● Oversee and administer all the student activities planned and execute them in a well-organized manner.
● Assist and help manage the Recruitment of interested potential new members for each Greek organization.
● Assist with fiscal responsibility for the Office of Campus Life budgets, grants, and fundraising.
● Be knowledgeable of Maxient, and Jenzabar EX and to be able to use to assist with projects and information.
● Manage attendance of campus activities, collecting data that will assist with future activities decisions.
● Work with other departments with the goal of utilizing all areas of campus to successfully engage our students in a well-rounded Barton Experience.
● Be a knowledgeable user of the Barton App
● Contribute to the programming involved with New Student Orientation.
Campus Life/ Community Development
● Assume responsibility for the development and implementation of a campus life environment that instructs student rights and responsibilities, service learning, personal growth, development, and leadership, with measurable operational and student learning outcomes.
● Have a working knowledge of College Regulatory requirements, including the College Regulatory Manual, Campus Clery requirements, Title IX requirements, Federal, State and local laws related to the housing and residential life operation; including but not limited to FERPA, Fire Safety, etc.
● Serve as an active liaison between the College Administration, faculty, staff and the student.
● Partner with all departments within the Division of Student Engagement to advance departmental functions, programs, and events, and to advance the College purpose and mission.
● Assume responsibility to advance and develop additional programs and duties, necessary for the implementation of Student Engagement and institutional strategic priorities.
● Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Student Activities and Greek Life
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience:
· Pursing a Master’s Degree in Student Affairs, Higher Education Leadership, Counseling, or a related field.
· Must be proficient in using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required with the ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within the organization.
· Ability to be discreet in handling confidential and proprietary information appropriately.
· Proven track record of reliability, responsibility, and integrity.
· Strong problem-solving skills.
· Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment effectively and work independently of direct supervision.
· Strong organizational and planning skills and ability to be detail-oriented.
Please submit application materials including a letter of interest, current resume and contact information for at least three professional references (all documents should be MS Word or PDF format) to Human Resources at email@example.com. References will not be checked until the candidate is informed. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Any claims of discrimination for Title IX or otherwise should be directed to our Title IX Coordinator, Victoria A. Morris, at P.O. Box 5000, Wilson, NC 27893, or at 252-399-6330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.