Barton College currently has an opening for a full-time Assistant Director of Admissions responsible for managing and recruiting a specified territory with enrollment goals for the College.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for an assigned recruitment region. This involves answering emails, phone calls, online inquiries, and in-person questions from prospective students, their families, and high school counselors in a timely fashion.
- Work in an atmosphere where goals are set and reached based on the institution’s expectations.
- Schedules and participates in approved travel to assigned regions including, but not limited to, high school visits, fairs, career days, college nights; implements additional activities such as interviews, receptions, and virtual events.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work evenings/weekends (potential of ten (10) to twelve (12) weeks in Fall and four (4) to six (6) weeks in Spring)
- Expected to support all on-campus recruitment events such as Campus Visits, Open Houses, and other divisional events.
- Utilizes Fireworks CRM, Google Suite, and Jenzabar SIS daily to manage students and to generate reports for informing and meeting goals within their territory and providing input to admissions and college leadership to inform the bigger enrollment picture.
- Uses Zoom, Google Meet, and other technologies to meet virtually with prospective students.
- Build relationships with high school counselors, independent consultants, vendors, and other constituents that influence a student’s college decision making.
- Ability to thrive in a team atmosphere while still possessing a strong independent work ethic.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Exhibits a positive and vibrant presence within an office atmosphere as well as throughout communication with prospective students and their families.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Routinely travel by car and alternative modes of transportation as needed. Subject to other environments where recruitment of students takes. This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Requires traveling on an on-going basis by car and alternative modes of transportation as needed. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time and to operate a vehicle effectively. Traditionally, each travel case weighs no more than 50 pounds, and duties occasionally require the lifting of objects.
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft products and knowledge of social media
- Experience with a Student Information System (i.e. Jenzabar) and a Customer Relationship Management System
- Social media experience and virtual communication skills
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish or other) desirable
- Must be proficient in using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within the organization
- Ability to be discreet in handling confidential and proprietary information appropriately
- Proven track record of reliability, responsibility, and integrity
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be able to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to work independent of direct supervision
- Strong organizational and planning skills and ability to be detail-oriented
Please submit a current resume and contact information for at least three professional references (all should be MS Word or PDF format) to People & Support, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Any claims of discrimination for Title IX or otherwise should be directed to our Title IX Coordinator, Victoria A. Morris, at P.O. Box 5000, Wilson, NC 27893, or at 252-399-6330 or email@example.com.