WILSON, N.C. — Barton College’s School of Education has announced that it is currently accepting applications for a new cohort of students seeking the Master of Education degree in Elementary Education.
An information session for interested students will be held on Saturday, Jan. 28, at 9 a.m. in The Sam and Marjorie Ragan Writing Center. Those interested should register online for the information session at www.barton.edu/gradstudy.
Admission requirements for the M.Ed. program include:
• Recommended GPA of 3.0 for undergraduate work, although a minimum 2.75 GPA will be considered,
• Official transcript from the accredited college or university that awarded the applicant’s undergraduate degree,
• Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) taken within the last five years,
• Minimum of one year of teaching experience,
• A recognized teaching license in elementary education,
• Personal statement of interest in the program,
• A recommendation form, completed by the applicant’s current employer or administrator,
• Interview with director of the M.Ed. program, if requested by the director,
• Completed online application with a non-refundable $50 fee,
• and, if the applicant is an international student, a score of 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language is required unless English is the native language. (English translations of transcripts and explanations of grading systems are required.)
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.