Online Justice Administration
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Justice Administration Overview
The Bachelor of Arts in Justice Administration at Barton College is designed for working professionals who want to advance their careers or for those who are considering a career change into the service of justice. The program is offered entirely online, creating flexibility for student, work, and family schedules, with accelerated courses offered every eight weeks to streamline your path to graduation.
Justice Administration Major Requirements
- JUS 101 – Introduction to Justice Administration
- JUS 201 – Introduction to Law Enforcement
- JUS 210 – Criminal Law
- JUS 212 – Constitutional Law
- JUS 220 – Research Methods in Justice Administration
- JUS 225 – Techniques of Analysis in Justice Administration
- JUS 230 – Introduction to Courts & Judicial Systems
- JUS 240 – Criminalistics
- JUS 270 – Introduction to Corrections
- JUS 323 – Juvenile Delinquency
- JUS 330 – Criminology
- JUS 415 – Justice Policy and Administration
Students must choose two courses from the following:
- JUS 302 – Police Administration
- JUS 342 – Terrorism and Homeland Security
- JUS 346 – Criminal Investigations
- JUS 440 – Special Topics in Justice Administration
Total: 42 Semester Hours
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Interested applicants should contact the Office of Financial Aid (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss opportunities for financial assistance.
Earning a bachelor’s degree in Justice Administration can expand career growth opportunities for many currently working in different branches of law enforcement (e.g., police departments, sheriff’s offices, etc.) and create new opportunities for career development, such as transitioning into probationary services or pursuing a law degree. Interested students should contact Dr. David Abeling-Judge, the program director, for more information on the various career opportunities available in the service of justice.
The B.A. in Justice Administration program does not require that students complete an internship.