A Philosophy minor at Barton College will not only introduce you to the vocabulary, concepts, and major thinkers in philosophy; but it will help you build a base for wise, ethical decisions and develop the skills of interfaith leadership. A minor in philosophy can easily be cross-listed with several General Education courses and can be value-added to any other major, making you a better candidate in a global job market.
Philosophy minors complete the following courses.
Choose any three (3) 100- or 200- level PHI courses:
- PHI 101 Reasoning/Critical Think
- PHI 102 Philosophical Questions
- PHI 202 Great Philosopher of West
- PHI 203 Asian Philosophies
- PHI 212 Contemp Ethical Problems
Choose any three (3) 300- or 400- level PHI courses:
- PHI 301 Topics in Philosophy
- PHI 330 Philosophy of Religion
- PHI 333 Environmental Philosophy
- POL 410 Western Political Theory
Total Hours Required = 18
Dr. Jane Webster
School of Humanities