Federal Funds

Federal Stafford Student Loans

There are two types of Stafford loans: subsidized and unsubsidized. If you have a subsidized loan, the federal government pays the interest on the loan while you’re enrolled. If you have an unsubsidized loan, you must pay the interest while you are in school, or you may choose to defer interest payments until graduation.

For more information on student loans including eligibility, loan limits, and rates, please visit https://studentaid.gov/understand-aid/types/loans/subsidized-unsubsidized/.

Federal Plus Loans to Parents

Federal PLUS Loans are low-interest loans that are available to families of students enrolled at least half time. To apply for a Parent Plus loan, visit https://studentaid.gov/plus-app/parent/landing/.

How Much Have I Borrowed and Who Is My Loan Servicer?

If you currently have student loans, you may obtain information about your loan servicer and amount borrowed by visiting: http://www.studentclearinghouse.org/.

Apply to Barton College Today

Get Started