- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
About Business Administration
The Business Administration major at Barton College is an ideal choice. Not only will you get a well-rounded education in business, but you also will have the opportunity to pursue your own individualized area of interest. The curriculum introduces you to disciplines such as accounting, economics, finance, operations management, information systems, marketing, and management. Courses also focus on a mastery of written and oral communication and help students develop interpersonal, critical-thinking, and research skills.
Individualized Program of Study
The Business Administration curriculum also allows you to work with faculty in developing your individualized program of study. This area of emphasis requires 18 additional hours and allows you to complete courses within and outside of the School of Business. By selecting a group of classes that speaks to your interests, you can strategically position yourself for employment and graduate school.
Required courses for the major include:
The School of Business
The School of Business faculty offer a level of personal attention unsurpassed by other business programs. Many members of the faculty have work experience in their field of expertise and are active in professional organizations on both a regional and national basis. Using teaching techniques that involve simulations, experiments, working as a team, and off-campus learning, your professors will engage you in the material in innovative ways and help you apply it to concrete issues in business.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
The School of Business grants a variety of endowed scholarships to business majors during their junior and senior years. These scholarships are given to students who excel in the classroom and are active on campus. Some of these scholarships include:
- The Andrews Scholarship Fund, awarded by the business faculty to students demonstrating superior scholarship, leadership in club activities, service, and future promise in their chosen major.
- The Gretchen B. Boyette Endowed Scholarship, awarded to students with financial need who are pursuing a major in the School of Business.
- The Gary F. Singleton Scholarship, awarded to business students on the basis of character, ability, scholarship, leadership, and need.
- The Larry W. Staley Memorial Scholarship, given to handicapped students and business students with financial need.
- The C. Buren Williford Family Scholarship, awarded to a full-time student pursuing a degree in the School of Business.
In addition to these endowed scholarships, Barton has established scholarships for freshmen who were active in their high school chapters of Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA).
Office of Admissions
101 Harper Hall
P.O. Box 5000
Wilson, N.C. 27893