- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — The Koch Research Fellows at Barton College will present results of their studies on economic freedom on Thursday, April 18, at 11:15 a. m. in The Sam and Marjorie Ragan Writing Center on campus. There will be an encore presentation at 6:15 p.m. These events are open to the public at no charge, and the community is invited to attend.
This marks the third year that Barton College has received a grant from the Charles Koch Foundation, providing support for specific economic education projects within the School of Business. One of those projects is the Koch Research Fellows program administered by Dr. John J. Bethune, Dorothy and K.D. Kennedy Chair of Business and Director of the BB&T Center for Free Enterprise Education. The three students selected as Koch Research Fellows for the 2012-2013 academic year include Clayton Stakes, a sophomore from Wilson; Nicolas Fonseca, a junior from Bogota, Columbia; and Luke Costanza, a senior from Wake Forest.
Dr. Bethune will offer a brief introduction and serve as moderator of the program. Stakes will present results obtained from his study of an economic freedom index developed by the Frazier Institute. Fonseca will analyze ongoing research by the Heritage Foundation that focuses on economic freedom in individual countries, and Costanza will discuss work at the Frazier Institute that centers on an index, which measures economic freedom between the states of the U.S.A.
For additional information about this event, please contact Dr. John J. Bethune at 252-399-6422 or email@example.com.
- Reception for Watercolor Society of N.C. 69th Juried Exhibition at Barton Art Galleries on Oct. 12 September 24, 2014
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony’s “Downtown” Concert on Oct. 9 September 24, 2014
- Poet James Applewhite to Speak at Friends of Hackney Library Fall Dinner on Oct. 7 September 24, 2014
- Friends of Visual Arts’ Fall Lecture to Feature Barton Art Professor Gérard Lange on Oct. 2 September 24, 2014
- Civil War Medicine the Focus of BB&T Heritage Lecture in American History at Barton College on Sept. 30 September 17, 2014