- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Barton College will welcome poet Alex Grant for the upcoming Victor R. Small Writers Series’ spring lecture scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 20, at 7:30 p.m. The lecture will be held in The Sam and Marjorie Ragan Writing Center on campus. This event is open to the public at no charge, and the community is invited to attend.
A 2012 North Carolina Poet Laureate nominee, Grant has published several books, including: “The Poems of Wing Lei” (2012), “The Circus Poems” (2011 SIBA finalist), “Fear of Moving Water” (2010 Oscar Arnold Young and Brockman Campbell runner-up) and “Chains & Mirrors” (2006 Randall Jarrell Prize and 2007 Oscar Arnold Young Award for Best Collection by a North Carolina poet).
He has been recognized with The Pavel Srut Poetry Fellowship and the Kakalak Poetry Prize. A six-time Pushcart Prize nominee, Grant’s work has appeared in “The Missouri Review,” “Best New Poets 2007,” “Arts & Letters,” “The Connecticut Review,” “Seattle Review,” “Verse Daily,” and many other national venues.
Grant and his wife reside in Chapel Hill.
This program is sponsored by the Department of English, Modern Languages, and Religion. For additional information, please contact Dr. James A. Clark, chair of the Department of English and Modern Languages and the Elizabeth H. Jordan Chair of Southern Literature, at 252-399-6450 or email@example.com.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tagged with: Poet Alex Grant
- Civil War Medicine the Focus of BB&T Heritage Lecture in American History at Barton College on Sept. 30 September 17, 2014
- The Grand Opening of the K.D. Kennedy, Jr. Rare Book Room in Barton’s Hackney Library is Scheduled for Sept. 25 September 16, 2014
- “Art History Crash Course for the Painter or Collector” Led by J. Chris Wilson on Tuesday, Sept. 23 September 9, 2014
- Barton Welcomes Dr. Troy Kickler for Constitution Day on Sept. 17 September 9, 2014
- Barton Welcomes UNC Archivist Stephen Fletcher To Discuss Hugh Morton Photographs on Sept. 16 September 9, 2014