- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Barton College will welcome poet Alex Grant for the upcoming Victor R. Small Writers Series’ spring lecture scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 20, at 7:30 p.m. The lecture will be held in The Sam and Marjorie Ragan Writing Center on campus. This event is open to the public at no charge, and the community is invited to attend.
A 2012 North Carolina Poet Laureate nominee, Grant has published several books, including: “The Poems of Wing Lei” (2012), “The Circus Poems” (2011 SIBA finalist), “Fear of Moving Water” (2010 Oscar Arnold Young and Brockman Campbell runner-up) and “Chains & Mirrors” (2006 Randall Jarrell Prize and 2007 Oscar Arnold Young Award for Best Collection by a North Carolina poet).
He has been recognized with The Pavel Srut Poetry Fellowship and the Kakalak Poetry Prize. A six-time Pushcart Prize nominee, Grant’s work has appeared in “The Missouri Review,” “Best New Poets 2007,” “Arts & Letters,” “The Connecticut Review,” “Seattle Review,” “Verse Daily,” and many other national venues.
Grant and his wife reside in Chapel Hill.
This program is sponsored by the Department of English, Modern Languages, and Religion. For additional information, please contact Dr. James A. Clark, chair of the Department of English and Modern Languages and the Elizabeth H. Jordan Chair of Southern Literature, at 252-399-6450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: email@example.com.
Tagged with: Poet Alex Grant
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony To Feature Acclaimed Pianist Thomas Pandolfi on Sunday, April 27 April 17, 2014
- N.C. Landscape Artist J. Chris Wilson Presents “From Murphy to Manteo—An Artist’s Scenic Journey” on April 24 April 17, 2014
- President Norval C. Kneten Announces June 2015 Retirement April 14, 2014
- Barton Increases Graduate Study Offerings In Fall 2014 April 11, 2014
- Anita Brown-Graham Slated to Speak at Barton’s 112th Commencement on Sunday, May 11 March 31, 2014