- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — “Marginalia, Mischief, and the Ornamented Book” is the theme for the Barton College Friends of Visual Arts’ fall lecture planned for Sunday, Sept. 18, from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. The afternoon event will begin with a reception at 3:30 p.m. in the Barton Art Galleries in Case Art Building, followed by the lecture at 4 p.m. in the Willis N. Hackney Library. The Friends of Visual Arts will welcome artist Lisa Beth Robinson to share her insights regarding the ornamented book, such as Barton College’s collection of fore-edge painted books with scenes painted on the edges. This program is open to the public free of charge, and the community is invited to attend.
Robinson is currently exhibiting the books “Migration” and “Nomad: Orientation” in the “Il Libro: The Art of the Book” exhibition on view in the Barton Art Galleries. She is the proprietor of Somnambulist Tango Press where she makes artists’ books (letterpress, papermaking, and printmaking). She describes her books as a visualization of the relationship between language and experience, making connections between disassociated objects and concerns. With degrees from the Johnston Center at the University of Redlands and the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Robinson also serves as an instructor at East Carolina University in Greenville.
For additional information about this event, please contact Bonnie LoSchiavo in the Barton Art Galleries at 252-399-6477, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit: www.barton.edu/galleries/education.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: email@example.com.
- Barton’s Nursing Students Raise Awareness For Operation Christmas Soldier Project Donations November 22, 2013
- Barton College Ushers In The Christmas Season on Tuesday, Dec. 3 November 18, 2013
- November Announcement Brings Accolades to School of Nursing November 18, 2013
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony to Feature Violin Prodigy Brian Lin on Sunday, Nov. 24 November 18, 2013
- Barton College’s Angie Walston Receives National Honor November 18, 2013