- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — The success of Barton’s students is celebrated through stories, testimonials, and now, even song. The Barton College Gospel Choir will be featured on WRAL-TV’s Spiritual Awakening gospel music program on Sunday morning, May 8, at 6 a.m., and during an encore performance on WRAL’s sister station, WRAZ Fox 50, at 8 a.m.
The Barton College Gospel Choir is under the leadership of Holly Zacharias, advisor, and Barton alumnus Terrence Canady, choir director. TJ Jones is the director of the gospel choir band.
The choir’s musical selections for the program will include “Behold, Bless Ye the Lord” (Psalm 134), “Real” by Melvin Crispell and Testimony, “And We Are Glad” by Joe Pace, and “Bounce Back” by Kevin Davidson and the Voices.
Barton College Gospel Choir included 25 members for the taping. Sopranos included: Santisha Brown, Lanikka Coley, Phylicia Evans, Ashley Harris, Precious Johnson, Khadijah Lane, and Holly Zacharias. Altos included: Thia Bowen, Brittany Bradley, Camesha Foushee, Tamara Gaines, Jaqueline Henry, Eleni Johnson, Jasmine Jones, Tatayana Kelley, Shakima Liburd, Lateria Moore, Jazmine Tinsley, and April Reeder. Tenors included: Ebony McCray, Ashely Morris, LaLonnie Steward, Quan Vinson, Terrence Canady, and Kevin Wright.
The Barton College Gospel Choir Band members accompanying the choir were TJ Jones, (organ); Marquail Harris, (drums); and Immanuel Loftin (bass guitar).
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: email@example.com.
- Civil War Medicine the Focus of BB&T Heritage Lecture in American History at Barton College on Sept. 30 September 17, 2014
- The Grand Opening of the K.D. Kennedy, Jr. Rare Book Room in Barton’s Hackney Library is Scheduled for Sept. 25 September 16, 2014
- “Art History Crash Course for the Painter or Collector” Led by J. Chris Wilson on Tuesday, Sept. 23 September 9, 2014
- Barton Welcomes Dr. Troy Kickler for Constitution Day on Sept. 17 September 9, 2014
- Barton Welcomes UNC Archivist Stephen Fletcher To Discuss Hugh Morton Photographs on Sept. 16 September 9, 2014