- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. - Please join the Friends of Visual Arts at Barton College for the upcoming fall lecture featuring Jerry Jackson, Deputy Director of Penland School of Crafts, on Tuesday, Nov. 2. The event will be held in the Barton Art Galleries in Case Art Building at 7 p.m. There is no charge for the program, and the community is encouraged to attend. Refreshments will be served.
Jackson joined the Penland School of Crafts in July 2007 as the school’s deputy director. Prior to his tenure at Penland, he served as the chief curator and director of the Rocky Mount Arts Center at the Imperial Centre for Arts and Sciences in Rocky Mount. Jackson brings extensive expertise in exhibition, collection, and archive practices to the position.
Historical preservation was also a key component of Jackson’s previous experience. The Imperial Centre development was a six-year rehabilitation project that included a complex of historical structures that ultimately became a 145,000 square-foot facility.
Jackson currently serves on the boards of the Mitchell County United Way and the Mitchell County Chamber of Commerce. Past board appointments include Pocosin Arts, the North Carolina Museum Council, Eastern North Carolina Visual Arts Consortium, Very Special Arts, and the Professional Arts Councils of Eastern North Carolina.
He received his Master of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees in studio art from East Carolina University.
For additional information about this program, please contact Bonnie LoSchiavo at 252-399-6477 or email: email@example.com.
Questions? Contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wilson/Barton Think Tank Welcomes National and Regional Economic Leaders to Discuss Future Trends on October 24 October 17, 2014
- Barton Professor James A. Clark Named to Regional Leadership Role October 16, 2014
- Barton College and Pamlico Community College Partner on Three Transfer Agreements October 9, 2014
- The “Barton Experience” Measures Up Regionally and Nationally October 7, 2014
- Reception for Watercolor Society of N.C. 69th Juried Exhibition at Barton Art Galleries on Oct. 12 September 24, 2014