- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. - Please join the Friends of Visual Arts at Barton College for the upcoming fall lecture featuring Jerry Jackson, Deputy Director of Penland School of Crafts, on Tuesday, Nov. 2. The event will be held in the Barton Art Galleries in Case Art Building at 7 p.m. There is no charge for the program, and the community is encouraged to attend. Refreshments will be served.
Jackson joined the Penland School of Crafts in July 2007 as the school’s deputy director. Prior to his tenure at Penland, he served as the chief curator and director of the Rocky Mount Arts Center at the Imperial Centre for Arts and Sciences in Rocky Mount. Jackson brings extensive expertise in exhibition, collection, and archive practices to the position.
Historical preservation was also a key component of Jackson’s previous experience. The Imperial Centre development was a six-year rehabilitation project that included a complex of historical structures that ultimately became a 145,000 square-foot facility.
Jackson currently serves on the boards of the Mitchell County United Way and the Mitchell County Chamber of Commerce. Past board appointments include Pocosin Arts, the North Carolina Museum Council, Eastern North Carolina Visual Arts Consortium, Very Special Arts, and the Professional Arts Councils of Eastern North Carolina.
He received his Master of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees in studio art from East Carolina University.
For additional information about this program, please contact Bonnie LoSchiavo at 252-399-6477 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: email@example.com
- John Lee to be Featured Speaker at 113th Opening Convocation September 1, 2014
- Hackney Library’s 2014 Open House Celebrates Best-Selling N.C. Author Wiley Cash on Sept. 9 August 27, 2014
- Barton Hosts Author Wiley Cash for Joyce T. Boone Southern Authors Series on Sept. 9 August 27, 2014
- Barton Showcases Prolific N.C. Photographer Hugh Morton in Special Exhibit August 27, 2014
- Theatre at Barton Opens a New Season with “Crimes of the Heart” August 20, 2014