- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. – Barton College’s Campus Compassion student program will present the documentary “Pray the Devil Back to Hell” on Saturday, Nov. 7, at 7 p.m. in Howard Chapel. This event is open to the public at no charge, and the community is invited to attend.
“This documentary chronicles the remarkable story of the courageous Christian and Muslim Liberian women who come together to end a bloody civil war and bring peace to their country,” shared the Reverend Hollie Woodruff, chaplain of Barton College and advisor of the Campus Compassion program.
Barton College purchased the rights to share this film with area church congregations as the College’s Campus Compassion program partners with Wilson United in Service to bring awareness and to raise funds for an upcoming April 2010 medical mission to Liberia. This medical mission will be in partnership with the West African Children’s Lifeline and Project Helping Hands.
“Bringing this film to campus was the choice of our students, who are participating in this inaugural Campus Compassion program to learn more about how they can individually reach out in service to others in need across the world,” said Rev. Woodruff. “This documentary screening is free to the public, but we are hopeful that those attending will also choose to support this medical mission through donations made at the event.”
Among the awards and recognitions received for this film, are “Best Documentary” awards presented at the Tribeca Film Festival and the Heartland Film Festival. It also had the honor of being the first film shown at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, in January 2009.
For additional information or to reserve a film-screening opportunity for your church congregation, please contact the Reverend Hollie Woodruff at 252-399-6368 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email@example.com.
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony’s Fall Concert to Feature Guest Soloists November 14, 2014
- War and Baseball Take Center Stage for Original Theatre Production at Barton College on Nov. 13-16 October 30, 2014
- Barton Welcomes Phillip Gardner for Victor R. Small Writers Series Lecture on Nov. 10 October 30, 2014
- Join J. Chris Wilson for An Art and Decorative Arts Appraisal Day on November 6 October 30, 2014
- Wilson/Barton Think Tank Welcomes National and Regional Economic Leaders to Discuss Future Trends on October 24 October 17, 2014