- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Travel at Barton
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. – Barton College is pleased to announce a faculty voice recital to be performed by Elizabeth Winstead on Saturday, Aug. 29, at 4 p.m. The performance will be held at Howard Chapel on the Barton campus. The recital is open to the public free of charge and the community is invited to attend.
Winstead is a lyric soprano who has performed extensively as a soloist in oratorio, opera, and musical theatre. She frequently appears in recitals and concert series singing a variety of music including classical, operatic, jazz, and musical theatre. Winstead serves as an adjunct lecturer in music at Barton College and an adjunct professor of music at Methodist University in Fayetteville.
The afternoon program will include the famous Mozart motet Exultate, Jubilate as well as the iconic aria Un bel di vedremo from Puccini’s Madame Butterfly. Winstead will also perform art songs by Faure, Schubert and American composer John Duke.
Pianist Janie Bostick, associate professor and chair of the Department of Communication and Performing Arts at Barton, will be Winstead’s accompanist.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations at Barton College, at 252-399-6529 or email: email@example.com.
- Barton College Announces 2015 Graduates May 20, 2015
- Summer Brock Named to CASE DISTRICT III Board of Directors May 20, 2015
- The Sun Shone Brightly on Barton College Graduates at 113th Commencement Exercises May 17, 2015
- The Honorable Sidney S. Eagles, Jr., to Speak at Barton College’s 113th Commencement May 11, 2015
- Barton College Places 2nd in State for Annual RecycleMania Challenge May 6, 2015