- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. – Barton College is pleased to announce a faculty voice recital to be performed by Elizabeth Winstead on Saturday, Aug. 29, at 4 p.m. The performance will be held at Howard Chapel on the Barton campus. The recital is open to the public free of charge and the community is invited to attend.
Winstead is a lyric soprano who has performed extensively as a soloist in oratorio, opera, and musical theatre. She frequently appears in recitals and concert series singing a variety of music including classical, operatic, jazz, and musical theatre. Winstead serves as an adjunct lecturer in music at Barton College and an adjunct professor of music at Methodist University in Fayetteville.
The afternoon program will include the famous Mozart motet Exultate, Jubilate as well as the iconic aria Un bel di vedremo from Puccini’s Madame Butterfly. Winstead will also perform art songs by Faure, Schubert and American composer John Duke.
Pianist Janie Bostick, associate professor and chair of the Department of Communication and Performing Arts at Barton, will be Winstead’s accompanist.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations at Barton College, at 252-399-6529 or email: email@example.com.
- Student Presentation on Gun Violence in the Media Scheduled for Dec. 10 December 5, 2013
- Executive Director of Research Triangle Energy Consortium To Discuss Fracturing for Natural Gas on Saturday, Dec. 14 December 5, 2013
- Barton’s Nursing Students Raise Awareness For Operation Christmas Soldier Project Donations November 22, 2013
- Barton College Ushers In The Christmas Season on Tuesday, Dec. 3 November 18, 2013
- November Announcement Brings Accolades to School of Nursing November 18, 2013