- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. – Barton College is pleased to announce a faculty voice recital to be performed by Elizabeth Winstead on Saturday, Aug. 29, at 4 p.m. The performance will be held at Howard Chapel on the Barton campus. The recital is open to the public free of charge and the community is invited to attend.
Winstead is a lyric soprano who has performed extensively as a soloist in oratorio, opera, and musical theatre. She frequently appears in recitals and concert series singing a variety of music including classical, operatic, jazz, and musical theatre. Winstead serves as an adjunct lecturer in music at Barton College and an adjunct professor of music at Methodist University in Fayetteville.
The afternoon program will include the famous Mozart motet Exultate, Jubilate as well as the iconic aria Un bel di vedremo from Puccini’s Madame Butterfly. Winstead will also perform art songs by Faure, Schubert and American composer John Duke.
Pianist Janie Bostick, associate professor and chair of the Department of Communication and Performing Arts at Barton, will be Winstead’s accompanist.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations at Barton College, at 252-399-6529 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Art Show: 2015 Senior Art Exhibition Opens at Barton April 20 April 21, 2015
- The Honorable Sidney S. Eagles, Jr. Slated to Speak at Barton College’s 113th Commencement on May 17 April 16, 2015
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony To Feature Pianist Ang Li on April 26 April 16, 2015
- Barton FOVA Series to Focus on Wilson’s Evolving N.C. Landscape Series on April 23 April 16, 2015
- Barton Innovation Competition Finals: Live from the Edna E. Boykin Cultural Center on April 21 April 15, 2015