- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. – Barton’s Bulldogs cruised past Mount Olive Feb. 26 in both the men’s and women’s regular-season championship basketball games as a near sellout “Dog House” crowd and special guests from the world-famous Harlem Globetrotters looked on.
The Lady Bulldogs beat Mount Olive 75-49 to move to 18-4 in league play and 21-5 overall, and the Barton men topped Mount Olive 81-67 to become 17-3 in league play and 21-6 overall.
The Barton women seized the outright Conference Carolinas Regular-Season Championship while the men’s team tied Mount Olive for the Conference Carolinas Regular-Season Championship. Both Bulldog squads clinched the #1 seed for this week’s league tournament.
Bulldog spirit permeated Wilson Gymnasium as 2,211 spectators chanted and cheered as part of a scintillating atmosphere. Barton Blue was prevalent in the stands as faculty, staff, and students sported their school colors with pride, including shirtless fraternity brothers wearing blue paint and Greek letters, who joined the student section led by the Student Bulldog Club as they shouted encouragement to the Bulldogs.
Joining the throng was Barton College alumnus and Harlem Globetrotter Anthony “Ant” Atkinson, as well as fellow Globetrotters Solomon “Bam-bam” Bamiro, Trevor “Tiny” Lawrence, Kevin “Turbo” Pearson, and Irving “Rocket” Rivers. “Ant” and the Globetrotters graciously signed autographs and posed for pictures during halftime of the men’s game – and after all the games had ended.
League tournament play begins Feb. 28; but with byes for Barton’s men and women, the Bulldogs next game is March 2 at 7 p.m. when the men host the winner of the Queens at Limestone game. Continued victories will propel the men to the semifinal game scheduled for March 5 at 7 p.m. and the championship game slated for March 7 at 7 p.m.
The Lady Bulldogs play on March 3 at 7 p.m. as they take on the winner of the Pfeiffer at Coker game. The victory track for Barton’s women will take them to their semifinal on March 6 at 7 p.m. and the championship at 2 p.m. on March 8.
Questions? Contact Ken Dozier, web services manager, at 252-399-6596 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student Presentation on Gun Violence in the Media Scheduled for Dec. 10 December 5, 2013
- Executive Director of Research Triangle Energy Consortium To Discuss Fracturing for Natural Gas on Saturday, Dec. 14 December 5, 2013
- Barton’s Nursing Students Raise Awareness For Operation Christmas Soldier Project Donations November 22, 2013
- Barton College Ushers In The Christmas Season on Tuesday, Dec. 3 November 18, 2013
- November Announcement Brings Accolades to School of Nursing November 18, 2013