- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. – Barton College is pleased to welcome Gregg A. DeMar, managing director, Communications Sector for the IBM Corporation, as the featured speaker for the College’s 107th Opening Convocation. The annual campus event is scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 2 at 11 a.m. in Howard Chapel.
DeMar was appointed to his current position as managing director, Communications Sector for the IBM Corporation, in September 2000. In his current assignment, he has overall responsibility for leading and integrating IBM business activities across all IBM units in support of a Fortune 10 Communications Industry Corporate Client and its international affiliates.
Joining IBM in 1976, DeMar has since held a number of sales, management, and executive positions in Baton Rouge, Dallas, Raleigh, Detroit, and New York. Past assignments include director of marketing, trading area general manager, vice president – business partners channels, area general manager, vice president – worldwide RS/6000 UNIX server sales, and vice president for personal systems customer segment marketing.
DeMar is a graduate of Harvard University, and received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Engineering and Applied Physics. He has served on a variety of community boards, including the United Way of Southeastern Michigan and INROADS for Metropolitan Detroit.
A member of the Barton College Board of Trustees since 1995, DeMar also serves on the Barton College Board of Trustees’ Finance Committee and is the chair of the Business Programs Trustee Task Force. He also serves as IBM’s Diversity Campus Executive for Southern University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana; and is a member of Louisiana State University’s College of Basic Sciences Advisory Council.
DeMar and his wife Hyacinth, make their home in Stamford, Conn. They have three children, Brent, Troy and Keri.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student Presentation on Gun Violence in the Media Scheduled for Dec. 10 December 5, 2013
- Executive Director of Research Triangle Energy Consortium To Discuss Fracturing for Natural Gas on Saturday, Dec. 14 December 5, 2013
- Barton’s Nursing Students Raise Awareness For Operation Christmas Soldier Project Donations November 22, 2013
- Barton College Ushers In The Christmas Season on Tuesday, Dec. 3 November 18, 2013
- November Announcement Brings Accolades to School of Nursing November 18, 2013