Immunizations and Health Forms
North Carolina state law, N.C.G.S.§130A-155.1, mandates students attending a college or university, whether public or private, to present a Certificate of Immunization or a record of an immunization from a high school. In general, the law requires those students who reside on campus or students residing off-campus who are taking five (5) or more traditional day credit hours on campus per semester, must meet the North Carolina State Law Immunization requirements contained in the student health form. Exceptions to this law include: students who have a bona fide documented medical or religious exemption; students who reside off-campus and are exclusively enrolled in only weekend, evening, online courses; and students enrolled in no more than four (4) traditional day hours per semester.
Immunizations for enrollment should be obtained prior to attending Barton College at a local physician’s office, health department, medical office or urgent care provider. The Lee Student Health Center provides the medical form for each deposited students and any student failing to submit this form and immunization documents or who fails to meet any immunization exception will be administratively withdrawn from registered courses. Failing to provide a completed student health form, immunization results, and health history information will result in administrative dismissal from the College. If students do not meet the immunization requirements, dismissal from Barton College is mandatory under North Carolina Law.
All medical records are kept for seven years after graduation or post matriculation. All health and medical information is strictly confidential. Health center records are not available to anyone outside the health center staff without the written permission of the student.
- Student Health Form (mandatory)
- Medical Records Release Form
- Athlete Health Form (required for athletes only)
- Pre-Participation Policy (additional details for athletes)
Required Immunizations for Students
- DTP (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis): 3 dates
- TDAP (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Acellular Pertussis): 1 date within the last 10 years
- Polio: 3 dates (unless student is greater than 18 years of age)
- Measles, Mumps: 2 dates
- Rubella: 1 date
- Hepatitis B: 3 dates (required for all students born after June 30, 1994)
Additional Immunizations Required
- For International Students
- TB Skin Test (PPD): 1 date within the last year