Barton College is accepting applications for an Intern Athletic Trainer, a part-time, staff (10-month) position with an August 1, 2020, start date. Barton College Athletics is a member of the Conference Carolinas and competes at the NCAA Division II level.
The Intern Athletic Trainer works under the supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer and supervises the care of student-athletes competing in Barton College’s athletic programs. The Intern Athletic Trainer is responsible for the prevention, evaluation, management, and rehabilitation of injuries within the College’s comprehensive sports medicine program.
At a minimum, responsibilities include:
- Assisting in daily operation of the athletic training facility
- Providing coverage of practice and games of assigned sports (including some travel as allowed) and assisting with conflict coverage
- Providing daily treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries
- Assisting with annual pre-participation screenings
- Ensuring proper use and maintenance of equipment and facilities
- Following all developed policies and procedures
- Working with members of the Athletic Training staff to provide proper evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletically injured student-athletes and assisting with referral to associated health care professionals when necessary
- Maintaining medical records on student-athletes to include physical examinations and screenings, insurance information, and injury evaluation reports
- Assists with managing inventory of supplies for the athletic training facility
- Communicating with coaches regarding injured student-athlete participation
- Following NATA Code of Ethics
- Remaining current on all state and national requirements for license renewal
- Agreeing to comply with all regulatory agency statutes, by-laws, and mandates
- Performing other duties as assigned by Head Athletic Trainer
Sport assignments to be determined upon the discretion of the Head Athletic Trainer and Director of Athletics; multiple opportunities available.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Certified by the Board of Certification
- Have or be eligible for North Carolina Athletic Training licensure
- Valid driver’s license
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation will include campus housing plus a work opportunity not to exceed 29 hours per week at a negotiated rate based on experience and qualifications.
Evaluation of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
To apply, send a letter of application, resume/vita, contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) for at least three references, and proof of certification (or expected testing date) by the BOC to Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.