Barton College is seeking candidates for Head Developmental/Assistant Coach of Women’s Soccer, a 10-month, full-time position with a start date of August 1, 2019. Barton College Athletics is a member of the Conference Carolinas and competes at the NCAA Division II level.
- Manage and coach the development team.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of a team that meets departmental roster goals.
- Coach games and supervise practice sessions.
- Conduct skill-instruction sessions.
- Provide leadership to facilitate academic and personal success of the team’s student-athletes.
- Perform other administrative tasks necessary in coaching team.
- Participate in the Wilson community with activities such as team community service work, camps, youth clinics, and promotion of the sport.
- Perform game management duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Some travel is required.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. Previous college soccer coaching experience is highly preferred. Must be certified in First Aid, CPR, and AED and must pass the Division 2 University Training Modules within the first two weeks of employment. Prior experience in NCAA Division II athletics and goalkeeper instruction are highly desired. A valid driver’s license is required.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation for this full-time position is $20,000 and includes benefits. Evaluation of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply, send a letter of application, resume/vita, and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) for at least three references to Andy McNab, Head Coach of Women’s Soccer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.