Barton College is recruiting for a Director of Facilities Services. Candidates interested in an interim position are also encouraged to apply. This position is available starting March 1, 2021 until filled. Barton College is in Wilson, North Carolina, in Eastern North Carolina, which is less than an hour drive to Raleigh and two hours to the beautiful North Carolina beaches.
The College is an independent, private college, that has experienced steady growth over the past three years. Total enrollment is approximately 1,100 students and growing. This position reports to the Vice President for Administration and Finance, the CFO, for the College.
There are four direct reports who are supervisors of the maintenance, grounds, and custodial teams plus an administrator. This is a leadership position that has responsibility for over 500,000 square feet of buildings and a 75-acre campus. The College takes pride in the outstanding curb appeal of the beautiful campus.
Key Responsibilities for the Director
- Leads the department with expectations for excellent customer service.
- Visible on campus and engaged to get things done.
- Carefully manages an operating budget, including utilities, that exceeds $2 million.
- Active team member on all capital projects and serves as project manager on small capital projects.
- Leads a department of about 30 staff with direct supervision of 4 supervisors in close collaboration with the Human Resources department.
- Ensures all training is provided for the department.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA regulations and all other local, state, and federal regulations as they relate to any aspect of the campus facilities.
- Leads, with other campus leaders, a campus safety program as it specifically relates to campus facilities.
- Manages procurement process for competitive prices and supplier/contractor relationships.
- Oversees a work order system, which is currently School Dude.
- Active participant in evaluation of and response to deferred maintenance.
- Leads departmental budget management and annual planning for operations.
Skills, Experience, and Credentials
- Minimum of five years of successful supervisory and leadership experience in a facilities services department on a comparably sized campus or similar environment.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- APPA certifications highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple priorities in a high-volume environment.
- Ability to successfully work with internal customers, outside vendors, and officials within the community.
Please submit application materials including a letter of interest, current resume, and contact information for at least three professional references (all documents should be MS Word or PDF format) to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. References will not be checked until the candidate is informed. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Any claims of discrimination for Title IX or otherwise should be directed to our Title IX Coordinator, Victoria A. Morris, at P.O. Box 5000, Wilson, NC 27893, or at 252-399-6330 or email@example.com.