Barton College is accepting applications for the full-time position of Director of Athletics Communications, with an immediate start date. The successful candidate will oversee all athletics communications needs for the 22-sport program and serve as the primary communications liaison with Conference Carolinas and NCAA Division II.
Duties as the Director of Athletics Communications include:
- Administering all components of athletics communications for the Barton College athletics programs
- Preparing and managing departmental operational budget
- Preparing regular news releases and feature stories for distribution to local, regional, and national media outlets; the Conference Carolinas; and NCAA offices
- Compiling statistics and reporting game results
- Coordinating the production of athletics publications including media guides and game programs
- Maintaining consistency in design and in the use of athletics department logos
- Managing all aspects of the department’s electronic media projects and internet broadcast
- Overseeing maintenance of the athletics web site, ensuring that all content is accurate, current, and consistent with approved style guidelines
- Supervising all athletics communications support staff for home athletics contests, including hiring, training, and supervision of student employees
- Securing necessary arrangements for media, scouts, officials, statisticians, and other press box personnel for home games
- Maintaining complete historical records, including photography and video archives, for the athletics department
- Participating in planning and preparation for special events
- Serving as administrator for athletics social media outlets
- Assisting, as needed, with talent and production of livestreamed video events
- Completing other duties as assigned by Director of Athletics.
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, sports management, mass communications, or similar field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Desired qualifications include sports information experience with football, men’s and women’s lacrosse, volleyball, swimming, track
- Minimum three years experience in athletics communications or related field
- Prior experience in NCAA Division II athletics is highly desired
- Qualified candidate must have exceptional problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, and ability to resolve issues under intense time constraints
- Demonstrated excellence in sports journalism, oral and written communication
- Proficiency in MS Office, Photoshop, InDesign, and Statcrew preferred
- Experience in webpage design software and PrestoSports platform preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation will be commensurate with credentials and experience. Barton College offers a competitive benefits package available to all full-time employees. Evaluation of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
To apply, send a letter of application, resume/vita, and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) for at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.