Barton College is hiring for a part-time Campus Store Manager, with flexibility in scheduling work hours during the school year and lighter hours in the summer. This position supervises and coordinates all merchandise, activities, orders, and accounts for the Campus Store. Purchasing stock and sales are among the largest responsibilities. This position will supervise work-study students.
- Manage everyday operations of the Campus Store and perform all store opening and closing procedures including cash register closeout and deposits. Turn in all sales receipts to Business Office.
- Assign duties to student workers and schedule work hours and vacations. Train student workers in store policies, procedures, and job duties.
- Manage all accounts/budgets for Campus Store.
- Select merchandise based on target markets and budget.
- Order merchandise, submit requisitions, purchase orders, and invoices.
- Record delivery of merchandise, compare records with merchandise ordered. Set pricing for each item to be sold.
- Enter product, cost, price, and description into POS System inventory.
- Assist customers and complete customer sales in POS System. Resolve problems to promote good public relations.
- Assist in store upkeep: fold, sort, and arrange displays.
- Maintain the on-line e-commerce website for Campus Store merchandise. Fulfill all online orders placed through the website.
- Participate in football games, open houses, graduation, homecoming, and other events on campus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and familiarity with Square POS system preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree and prior retail experience highly preferred.
Please submit application materials including a letter of interest, current resume, and contact information for at least three professional references (all documents should be MS Word or PDF format) to Human Resources at email@example.com. References will not be checked until the candidate is informed. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Any claims of discrimination for Title IX or otherwise should be directed to our Title IX Coordinator, Victoria A. Morris, at P.O. Box 5000, Wilson, NC 27893, or at 252-399-6330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.