Barton College Football Tailgate Policy
The following tailgating expectations will be in effect for approved Barton College athletic and campus events to ensure a safe and enjoyable tailgating experience for our fans and guests. Our students, faculty, staff, and fans are all valuable members of our Barton College family and attendance and participation at the games is an integral part of the success and the vibrancy of campus. To ensure a universally positive experience, our number one priority for tailgating is the safety of all participants and the campus facilities and grounds. All Barton College policies apply and any violations of this policy may result in termination of tailgating privileges. Enjoy the game or activity and GO, BULLDOGS!
Barton College Promotes Responsible Tailgating in These Locations
- Parking Lot #9- Stadium Lot
- Parking Lot #11- Whitehead Avenue Lot • Center Campus Lawn
Tailgating Schedule and Timeline
- P.C. Yelverton Arts Plaza - Barton Student Tailgate Area (Lawn outside of Kennedy Family Theatre
May begin up to four (4) hours prior to the published start time of the game:
- At one (1) hour prior to kick-off, please be prepared to welcome the Barton College Football Team as they make their traditional entrance to the stadium through the Centennial Alumni Bell Tower through the Stadium Lot.
- Tailgating activities will cease at kick-off.
- Exit and re-entry of the stadium is NOT permitted at half-time, tailgating will not resume until after the end of the game.
- Resumption of tailgating will be permitted for up to one (1) hour after the game ends.
- Alcohol use is only permitted in the designated tailgating areas.
- Beer and wine are permitted in cans, cups, and plastic bottles ONLY.
- Kegs are not permitted.
Tailgating Space Expectations
- Tents are limited in size up to 10’ x 10’. They must be confined to your parking space, not interfere with adjacent parking spaces, not impede travel lanes, or create safety hazards. To protect campus irrigation lines, please use weights to reinforce tents instead of stakes in the ground.
- Only gas powered grills are permitted in the tailgating areas.
- Gas and battery operated generators are permitted.
- Fire Pits are prohibited.
- Waste receptacles will be available throughout the tailgating areas. Please assist in the proper disposal of any waste as we remain committed to the beautification of the campus grounds.