- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — The Barton Art Galleries at Barton College is pleased to announce the “Watercolor Society of North Carolina’s 2013 Traveling Exhibition” exhibition in the Case Art Building’s West and East Corridors opening on Thursday, Nov 7, with a reception on Saturday, Nov. 9, from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
The exhibition, selected from the 68th Annual Juried Exhibition 2013 hosted by the Blowing Rock Art and History Museum, will feature original work from 30 artists: Ginnie Conaway, Bruce Chandler, Caroline Domenig, Isabel Farrell, Jeffrey Jakub, Vicki Johnson, Judith Glover, Susan Church Grant, Linda Griffin, Tirzah T. Hicks, Linda Koffenberger, Alexis Lavine, Dixie Leibert, Carol Moates, Georgia Mason, Susan Mauney, Ed Macomber, Ann Neely, Gary Nemcosky, Nancy Paden, Bailey Phelps, Dianne Rodwell, Barbara Rohde, June Rollins, Beverly Sessoms, David Stickel, Nancy M. Taylor, Carol Turner, Roger Tatum, and Peggy Vineyard.
WSNC, founded in 1972, is a nonprofit art organization with more than 500 members to date. Through sponsoring juried exhibitions, educating citizens and hosting workshops featuring nationally-known artists, the society strives to strengthen and promote watercolor throughout the state.
The exhibition will run through Tuesday, Dec. 17. This event is free to the public, and the community is invited to attend.
- 2015 Creative Writing Symposium at Barton College on April 20 March 30, 2015
- The Honorable Sidney S. Eagles, Jr. Slated to Speak at Barton College’s 113th Commencement on May 17 March 24, 2015
- “Walking into April” Poetry Day Scheduled for Saturday, April 11 March 24, 2015
- Friends of Hackney Library Presents “An Evening with Elaine Neil Orr” on April 7 March 24, 2015
- Charles W. Calhoun to Present Heritage Lecture on March 31 March 18, 2015