- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Barton College’s Student Government Association (SGA) invites members of the Wilson community to come out to eat at Carolina Cheese Company on Saturday, Nov. 10, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Ten percent of all purchases this Saturday will be donated to Barton SGA’s local hunger-fighting philanthropy, “Trick or Treat So Kids Can Eat (ToTSKCE).” Carolina Cheese Company is located at the Shoppes of Brentwood, 2801 Ward Boulevard, Suite 3p, and, to call in a take-out order for pick-up, Carolina Cheese Company’s phone number is 252-291-2900.
Barton’s SGA has led support for Stop Hunger Now for several years, raising funds for hunger fighting efforts at an international level. At the beginning of fall semester, the SGA decided to adopt a local philanthropy to benefit the Wilson community this year, while still supporting Stop Hunger Now during the spring semester.
Although Halloween has already passed, Barton students are continuing their fundraising efforts for “Trick or Treat So Kids Can Eat ” In addition to raising dollars this semester for ToTSKCE, Barton students have also collected several hundred pounds of non-perishable food items to be donated to local food pantries. From collecting cans of food during Homecoming Weekend to raising funds and awareness during the Dunkin’ Dash, supported by Wilson’s Dunkin’ Donuts, Barton’s students are making a positive difference in the fight against hunger. Their largest effort in the food drive was a door-to-door campaign in area neighborhoods throughout Wilson on Halloween night, collecting canned food instead of candy.
Any questions about this fundraiser may be directed to SGA representative Bryana Cauthen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tagged with: Barton College Student Government Association
- Twelfth Annual Caregiver Education Conference Scheduled at Barton College on March 10 February 20, 2015
- Friends of Visual Arts’ Lunch and Lecture Series Will Focus on History of Painting in N.C. and Collecting N.C. Art” February 13, 2015
- Barton Team Shines In First-Time Appearance At NCICU Ethics Bowl February 11, 2015
- “Love The Symphony” Scheduled For Saturday, February 14 February 3, 2015
- Barton Announces President’s and Dean’s Lists for Fall 2014 Semester February 2, 2015