- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Barton College’s North Carolina Gamma Chapter of Alpha Chi National College Honor Society recently conducted its 2012 spring induction ceremony and welcomed nine new members into the fold.
Students with a grade point average of 3.5 or better in the top 10 percent of the junior and senior classes are eligible for induction. The minimum grade point average for this induction class was 3.65.
Alpha Chi is a coeducational society whose purpose is to promote academic excellence and exemplary character among college and university students and to honor those who achieve such distinction. Its name derives from the initial letters of the Greek words meaning truth and character.
As a general honor society, Alpha Chi admits to membership students from all academic disciplines. A member institution, which must be a regionally accredited, baccalaureate degree-granting college or university, may invite to membership no more than the top 10 percent of the junior and senior classes.
Inductees, listed by hometowns, are:
Angier — Shannon Boney, Nursing.
Bedford, Va. — Rachel Moore, Mass Communications, with a concentration in Public Relations.
Cary — Teri Lynette Smith, Birth to Kindergarten Education.
Goldsboro — Lillian Sarvey, Biology, with a concentration in Health Sciences.
Smithfield — Daniel Thomas Myers, Business Management and Management of Human Resources.
Wake Forest— Ruth Gower, Elementary Education (K-6).
Wilson — Hope Dixon, Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (K-12) and Elementary Education (K-6); Kevin Murray, Criminal Justice and Criminology; and Timothy Winks, Master of Education in Elementary Education Program.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: email@example.com.
- The Honorable Sidney S. Eagles, Jr. Slated to Speak at Barton College’s 113th Commencement on May 17 April 16, 2015
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony To Feature Pianist Ang Li on April 26 April 16, 2015
- Barton FOVA Series to Focus on Wilson’s Evolving N.C. Landscape Series on April 23 April 16, 2015
- Barton Innovation Competition Finals: Live from the Edna E. Boykin Cultural Center on April 21 April 15, 2015
- 2015 Creative Writing Symposium at Barton College on April 20 March 30, 2015