Veteran Information

Barton College is approved to enroll veterans, military, and other eligible persons in programs of education under provisions of Titles 38 and 10, United States Code. These programs include the Post-9/11 GI Bill® and the Yellow Ribbon Program.

Yellow Ribbon Program

Barton College is proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program. According to the Department of Veteran Affairs, the Yellow Ribbon Program “allows institutions of higher learning (degree granting institutions) in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. The institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and VA will match the same amount as the institution.”

Steps to Claim Your Education Benefits

If you are a U.S. veteran or the spouse or child of a U.S. veteran, then you may be eligible for education benefits through the GI Bill®. Visit the GI Bill® web site to determine your eligibility and to apply for benefits. Then follow the steps below:

  • Submit your Certificate of Eligibility or a copy of your 22-1990 Application for Benefits, as well as a copy of your DD-214, to the Office of the Registrar. If you are the spouse or child of a veteran, you must first apply for a Transfer of Eligibility from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
  • Apply to Barton College. After being accepted for enrollment, you must register for classes.
  • The registrar will certify your enrollment, and tuition and fees where applicable, with the Department of Veterans Affairs.