Applying for Financial Aid
At Barton, we’ve made applying for financial aid easy. All it takes is one form — the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA allows the federal government to determine how much your family can be expected to contribute to educational expenses. When you apply for financial aid, the amount you’re awarded is based on the difference between the cost of attending Barton and this expected contribution.
- Complete the FAFSA. You can fill out the application online at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
- Enter Barton’s school code (002908-00) on your FAFSA so that we’ll receive your information as soon as it is processed.
- Submit your FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1 but no later than May 1. If you apply after May 1, you will be considered only for whatever funds are still available.
Tips for the Financial Aid Process
- Remember to make copies of all the forms you submit for your own records.
- Review any requests for additional information carefully and respond to them as quickly as possible.
- No official award letter will be issued unless you have been granted admission to Barton.
- You can get a more comprehensive sneak peak into the type of financial aid package you may receive with our early estimator forms . Estimators are processed between October 1 and December 31. After that, we request that you complete the FAFSA in order to calculate your award.
We strongly encourage you to investigate as many sources of financial aid as possible. You’ll find a great deal of useful general financial aid information at:
Commercial scholarship searches often charge you for information that is available from your guidance counselor or local library. Be careful when using these services.
For more information about applying for financial aid, visit https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.