Friends of Visual Arts
In 2006, a group of art enthusiasts gathered to plan and implement an organization dedicated to the visual arts at Barton College. Shortly thereafter, the Friends of Visual Arts emerged.
The mission of the Friends of Visual Arts is to enrich the cultural life of Barton College and the surrounding community through the presentation of quality regional, national, and international artists, and captivating arts education programs. In addition, the purposes of this organization are:
- To present at least one or more annual lectures related to the visual arts for the Friends and for the greater community
- To stimulate interest by the greater community in the visual arts by providing visual arts enrichment activities
- To actively engage the College and the greater community in developing resources to meet the needs of the Department of Art, specifically for visual arts at Barton College.
Membership in Friends of Visual Arts provides these benefits:
- Attend members-only special events
- Meet regional, national, and international artists
- Participate with other art enthusiasts in special educational programs including lectures and classes
- Benefactor – $5,000
- Philanthropist – $2,500
- Sustainer – $1,000
- Patron – $500
- Advocate – $250
- Donor – $100
- Family – $50
- Friend – $25
- Student – $10
Your Friends of Visual Arts membership lasts from July 1 – June 30.
Click here to join online and discover additional ways to support Barton College and the Cultural Arts.