Transfer of Credits

All courses taken for general education credit toward an Associate in Arts or an Associate in Science degree will transfer to Barton. At Barton, these courses are accepted for core credit even if you have not yet completed your associate degree. The College does not give any credit for grades below a “C.”

Barton College participates in the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement with North Carolina Community Colleges. Up to seventy-five (75) semester hours can transfer from a two-year college. If you transfer before completing your associate degree, we guarantee that any equivalent major courses will count for credit, just as they do for students with two-year degrees.

A minimum of 32 semester hours of work must be taken at Barton College. Within these 32 hours, the following conditions must be met:

  1. At least 21 hours must be at the 300 or 400 level
  2. At least 15 hours must be in the major (of which at least nine must be 300 or 400 level courses)
  3. At least 24 of the last 32 academic credit hours applied to the degree requirements must be earned in Barton College courses.

Enrolled students wishing to take classes at another regionally accredited college or university must file a petition with the Office of the Registrar. The petition must be approved before starting course work at another institution for the courses to be transferred back to Barton College.

Credit Equivalency Resources

N.C. Community Colleges Course Equivalency

Download the Course Equivalency List (pdf)

Barton College General Education Course Equivalency Recommendations at N.C. Community Colleges

Download the Recommendation List (pdf)

Apply to Barton College Today

Get Started