Transfer Admissions Process
To be considered for transfer admission into Barton College, submit a completed online application and transcripts from all previously attended institutions. To ensure evaluation of your credits, we recommend that all completed applications and official transcripts be received at least three weeks before your intended session of enrollment.
Transfer Admissions Requirements:
- Minimum 2.00 transfer grade point average (GPA)
- 12 transferable credit hours
- Eligible to return to your last institution
Admission of a student whose GPA is less than 2.0, or whose transferable credit hours amount to less than 12, will be at the discretion of the Executive Director of Admissions.
Additional Requirements for nursing, education, and social work:
- Be admitted to college first, then individually accepted into the major program. Acceptance into these programs is not automatic.
- Minimum GPA requirement for acceptance:
School of Nursing: 2.90 GPA
School of Education: 2.50 GPA
School of Social Work: 2.00 GPA
For additional information, contact the Office of Admissions at 252-629-5472 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.