Barton College is seeking to hire multiple temporary part-time and full-time nurses to assist with COVID testing and related protocols. Nurses may also assist as needed in providing direct patient care and patient education as needed per established medical directives set forth by the contracted Medical Director for the health center and in adherence to established protocols within the nursing scope of practice set forth by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director of Student Health Services, these positions work collaboratively with other staff members within the health center setting. Schedules are flexible during the day/evenings as needed to serve the student population. Some weekend/evening work may be required at various times. The work schedule is set by the Executive Director of Student Health Services and is approved by the Dean of Students and/or Vice President as needed.
- Conduct physical assessments in order to provide treatment of minor injuries and illness.
- Respond to COVID-19 hotline and direct course of action as determined by established protocols.
- Administer OTC medications and/or treatments as set per medical directives and within scope of nursing practice.
- Triage health needs including referral to appropriate resources, on- and off- campus.
- Obtain lab specimen via blood draw, urine catch, and/or swab catch as ordered and coordinate transport to lab facility.
- Assist MD, DO, PA-C, and/or FNP-C during clinic hours.
- Provide health guidance and education to students to assist them with obtaining optimal health and wellness.
- Maintain active and inactive student files and provide complete and accurate documentation of nursing care given to students.
- Maintain inventory of the health center.
- Perform patient follow-up via phone, email, or clinic visit.
- Refer to outside providers as warranted.
- Maintain accurate student records to include required immunization documents, clinic notes, and medical history forms.
- Maintain appointment logs.
- Maintain previous and current student files.
- Council students on insurance utilization.
- Assist with inventory and ordering supplies for the clinic.
- Comply with confidentiality requirements set forth by licensing agency, HIPAA, FERPA, and all local, state, and federal regulations.
- All other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Student Health Services and/or the Vice-President for Student Engagement and Success.
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience
- Must hold a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina and be in good standing with the N.C. Board of Nursing.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in student health, physician’s office/clinic care, or emergency care preferred.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have current CPR certification and maintain this certification throughout employment
- Must be proficient with computers and have experience with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Special Class Designation: Adult CPR certification. OSHA Blood Borne Pathogens Standard Classification 1.
- Authority: U.S. Department of Labor. Reference: Federal Register, Vol. 56. No. 235/Friday 12/6/91 – Rules and Regulations.
- Protective Equipment Required: Yes.
Please submit a current resume and contact information for at least three professional references (all should be MS Word or PDF format) to Human Resources at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Any claims of discrimination for Title IX or otherwise should be directed to our Title IX Coordinator, Victoria A. Morris, at P.O. Box 5000, Wilson, NC 27893, or at 252-399-6330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.