A petition should be filed to request an exception to a College policy. Examples of items that require a petition are:
- To waive or substitute a course in the core/major
- To take a course at another institution during a term when the student is also enrolled at Barton College (i.e. summer school)
- To take a leave of absence and return under the core requirements of the student’s original enrollment
- To take an overload schedule
- To take a course for the third time
- To carry an outstanding balance into the following semester
- Complete a petition form.
- Obtain advisor’s signature.
- Obtain department chair/dean’s signature.
- Submit form to the Office of the Provost for consideration.