Barton College invites applications for a full-time International and Transfer Student Coordinator. The coordinator is responsible for ensuring that Barton College’s services to international students and transfer students are welcoming and efficient and that the College’s practices comply with applicable government and college policies.
Barton College is a four-year, private college in Wilson, N.C. The College is ranked by U.S. News & World Report as 7th in 2017 Best Value Schools in Regional Colleges of the South and 13th in the top-tier 2017 Best Regional Colleges of the South, and by Princeton Review as one of the 2017 Best Colleges in the Southeast. In addition to providing a challenging academic environment, Barton is committed to celebrating bold thinking among our faculty and staff as they nurture bold leadership development among our students.
In particular, the ITSC will:
- Facilitate smooth transfer and international student transitions to the College before, during, and after enrollment
- Counsel prospective transfer students on course equivalencies, major selection, and pathways to graduation prior to student interactions with academic departments
- Support the student success, admissions, registrar, and financial aid offices in their services to transfer and international students, especially in times of expanded workloads
- Ensure that international student paperwork is filed accurately and completely
- Coordinate paperwork for students intending to study abroad
- Develop student success programming for transfer and international students
The coordinator is housed in the Office of Student Success and reports to the Assistant Dean of Student Success, with a dotted line to the Assistant Vice President for Admissions.
A bachelor’s degree is required. Experience in higher education and/or student advising is strongly preferred. Successful candidates must stay abreast of government and college policies on international and transfer students, work well in one-on-one settings, demonstrate attention to detail, and embrace Barton’s values of innovation, excellence, engagement, respect, and ethics. Position requires ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
Qualified applicants should electronically submit a resume, a cover letter explaining interest in and qualifications for this position, and contact information for three references to:
Assistant Dean of Student Success
Only electronic submissions will be considered. The first round of application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.