Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Head Coach for the Women’s lacrosse team will be responsible for the overall administration of the Women’s lacrosse program. It is his/her responsibility to foster and encourage the goals of student-athletes, stress the elements of sportsmanship and fair play, and do so with the mission of Barton College, Conference Carolinas and the NCAA.
- To conduct the sport program according to all College, Conference Carolinas, and NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines, and standards for financial aid, eligibility, and recruiting.
- To prepare and operate within the sport budget and follow purchasing and spending guidelines as set by the College.
- To successfully pass the NCAA Division II Coaches Education Modules. (yearly)
- To recruit quality student-athletes while meeting roster goals for both the varsity and developmental teams
- To schedule, conduct, and supervise all team practice sessions
- To complete game schedules with confirmed travel arrangements for the varsity team
- To assist with student-athlete eligibility certification and completion of pre-participation forms and medical exams
- To foster a culture of compliance within the team and report any NCAA rules violations, injuries or accidents involving student-athletes, and misconduct of student- athletes.
- To provide administrative paperwork to sport administrator or NCAA reports to the Compliance Office as required
- To work, communicate, and develop rapport with students, parents, alumni, faculty/staff, and administration and to engage in public relations activities and to promote Barton College and the sport program in a positive manner.
- To perform any additional duties that may be assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience: Masters preferred; Bachelors required. Collegiate playing experience and coaching experience preferred. Must be willing to obtain certifications in CPR/First Aid and AED and be willing to obtain other certifications as needed. Possession of or ability to obtain a valid North Carolina Driver’s license. Experience and knowledge of Lacrosse training with the ability to improve individual techniques/skills and game strategy. Experience and knowledge of NCAA legislation. Strong oral and written skills; excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, and adequate computer skills. High ethical standards and ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff, students and other publics. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
How to Apply:
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. If interested, please submit a letter of interest, current resume, and contact information for three people who are willing to serve as references to People & Support at email@example.com.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Any claims of discrimination for Title IX or otherwise should be directed to our Title IX Coordinator, Victoria A. Morris, at P.O. Box 5000, Wilson, NC 27893, or at 252-399-6330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.