Barton College is accepting applications for Head Coach of Baseball/Supervisor of the Outdoor Athletics Complex, a full-time, staff position with an immediate start date. Barton College Athletics is a member of the Conference Carolinas and competes at the NCAA Division II level.
Duties as the Head Baseball Coach include, but are not limited to:
- Recruitment and retention of a minimum roster of 65 student-athletes
- Practice and game coaching
- Conducting skill instruction sessions
- Providing leadership to facilitate academic and personal success by the team’s student-athletes
- Performance of other administrative tasks necessary in coaching this team
- Involvement in the Wilson community with activities such as team community service work, camps, youth clinics, and promotion of the sport.
Duties as the Supervisor of the Outdoor Athletic Complex include, but are not limited to:
- Communicating with Barton College Facilities Services in all matters pertaining to the care and upkeep of the athletics complex
- Supervising work of assigned staff and work-study students
- Supervising coaches in care and maintenance of facility, which includes safety instruction as needed
- Scheduling preparation for all Outdoor Athletics Complex events
- Overseeing maintenance of facility, ensuring that the practice and playing fields are prepared for team use
- Performing tasks related to upkeep and maintenance of the field house
- Reviewing facilities daily for safety requirements and maintaining records related to such
- Reviewing all NCAA rules prior to playing season to confirm Barton compliance with such on all facilities
- Providing suggestions on improvements needed to keep the Outdoor Athletics Complex at the level needed to support NCAA Division II athletics
- Supervising security of the Outdoor Athletics Complex
- Functioning as the on-site project manager that protects the best interests of Barton College for all work performed by non-Barton personnel.
Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Some travel is required.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. Previous college baseball coaching experience at an institution of higher education is highly preferred. The successful applicant will need to have certification in first aid, CPR, and AED and must pass the Division II university modules within the first two weeks of employment. Prior experience in NCAA Division II athletics is highly desired. A valid driver’s license is required.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation will be commensurate with credentials and experience. Barton College offers a competitive benefits package available to all full-time employees. Evaluation of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
To apply, email a letter of application, resume, and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) for at least three references to Head Baseball Coach Position at email@example.com. Applications received by July 3, 2019 will receive full consideration.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.