Reporting to the Athletic Director, the Head Coach for Women’s Soccer will be responsible for the overall administration of the soccer program. It is his/her responsibility to foster and encourage goals of student-athletes, stress the elements of sportsmanship and fair play, and do so with the mission of Barton College, Conference Carolinas, and the NCAA.
- To conduct the sport program according to all College, Conference Carolinas, and NCAA rules regulations, guidelines, and standards for financial aid, eligibility, and recruiting.
- To prepare and operate within the sport budget and follow purchasing and spending guidelines as set by the College.
- To successfully pass the NCAA Division 2 University program yearly.
- To schedule, conduct, and supervise all team practice sessions and complete game schedules with confirmed travel arrangements.
- To recruit quality student-athletes while meeting roster goals.
- To assist with student-athlete eligibility certification and completion of forms and medical exams.
- To provide NCAA reports to the Compliance Office as required, reporting any NCAA rules violations, injuries, accidents, or misconduct involving student-athletes.
- To work, communicate, and develop rapport with students, parents, alumni, faculty/staff, and administration and to engage in public relations activities to promote Barton College and the sport program in a positive manner.
- To accept additional responsibilities supporting the athletics department, which will be determined according to the strengths of the selected candidate.
- To perform any additional duties that may be assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience
- Master’s degree preferred, bachelor’s degree required.
- Collegiate playing experience and coaching experience preferred.
- Must be willing to obtain certifications in CPR/First Aid and AED and be willing to obtain other certifications as needed.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid North Carolina Driver’s license.
- Experience and knowledge of soccer training with the ability to improve individual techniques/skills and game strategy.
- Experience and knowledge of NCAA regulations.
- Strong oral and written skills, excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, and adequate computer skills.
- High ethical standards and ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff, students, and other publics.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. If interested, please submit a letter of interest, current resume, and contact information for three people who are willing to serve as references to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.