Reporting to the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement, the Director of Development for Annual Giving and Corporate Partnerships will oversee the comprehensive management and implementation of all development strategies with the focus of achieving all annual giving goals set for each fiscal year.
- Meet and/or exceed annually assigned fundraising goals for the Annual Unrestricted Fund, General Scholarship Fund, Alumni giving percentage, and overall donor retention.
- Manage a portfolio of individual annual leadership givers (capacity: $1,000-$25,000) and corporate partners of the College.
- Oversee the management and stewardship of all corporate partners at Barton College.
- Implement the annual giving calendar: printed appeals, digital solicitations, giving programs.
- Serve as liaison to the Athletic Department for athletic giving programs.
- Coordinate with the Director of Donor Relations to create the optimal donor experience.
- Provide accurate and timely activity reports and revenue forecasts.
- Respond in a timely manner to all annual giving inquiries and issues.
Assist as needed in all fundraising programs and activities of Barton College, and perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement.
This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. Additionally, it requires travel around the region and to other areas of the country as well as evening and weekend work hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. This is a mostly sedentary role.
- A bachelor’s degree in an applicable field and a minimum of three years of experience in fundraising within a higher education institution is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies
- Ability to build effective internal and external relationships
- Experience overseeing the development and maintenance of an annual giving program
- Experience managing a portfolio of donors
- A strong work ethic, personal integrity, and ability to be discreet in handling confidential and proprietary information appropriately
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with a high attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Evidence of ability to produce results as well as a commitment to lifelong learning and professional growth are also required
- Self-motivation and an eagerness to be part of an emerging team
- Computer literacy
- Optimistic attitude
- Experience with corporate relations
- Familiarity with Barton College and a small liberal arts environment
- Experience in stewardship and cultivation of donors, alumni, and other constituents
- Experience with Blackbaud and Raiser’s Edge NXT
If interested, please submit a letter of interest, current resume, and contact information for three people who are willing to serve as references to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of candidates will continue until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.