Barton College is seeking a Director of Alumni Relations. Reporting to the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement, the Director of Alumni Relations will oversee the comprehensive management and implementation of all alumni relations strategies in addition to supporting the department’s annual giving goals.
Note: this position description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
- Development and production of digital engagement content for the Barton College Alumni and Friends website including articles, videos, information about giving, and alumni engagement opportunities.
- Management and growth of all alumni social media accounts and the alumni online network (bartonalumni.com).
- Management of the monthly alumni e-newsletter.
- Management of the Barton College Alumni Association Board.
- Management of the Regional Alumni Chapter Program.
- Overseeing the growth of student philanthropy and engagement with the Alumni Association.
- Implementation and maintenance of a sustainable Alumni Reunion program
- Planning and implementation of all Homecoming activities in coordination with the Director of Special Events, Volunteers, and Donor Relations.
- Supporting the Offices of Annual Giving and Donor Relations to meet and/or exceed annually assigned fundraising goals for the Annual Unrestricted Fund, General Scholarship Fund, alumni giving percentage, and overall donor retention goals.
- Providing accurate and timely activity reports and revenue forecasts.
- Responding in a timely manner to all Alumni Office inquiries and issues.
Assisting as needed in all fundraising programs and activities of Barton College, and performing other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement.
This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. Additionally, it requires travel around the region and to other areas of the country as well as evening and weekend work hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. This is a mostly sedentary role.
A bachelor’s degree in an applicable field and a minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising/alumni relations within a higher education institution is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies.
- Ability to build effective internal and external relationships.
- Experience overseeing the development and maintenance of a digital web platform.
- Experience producing video and other digital content.
- Management of professional social media accounts.
- A strong work ethic, personal integrity, and ability to be discreet in handling confidential and proprietary information appropriately.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Evidence of ability to produce results as well as a commitment to lifelong learning and professional growth are also required.
- Self-motivation and an eagerness to be part of an emerging team.
- Computer literacy.
- Optimistic attitude.
- Experience with Adobe Suite.
- Familiarity with Barton College and a small liberal arts environment.
- Experience in stewardship and cultivation of donors, alumni, and other constituents.
If interested, please submit a letter of interest, current resume, and contact information for three people who are willing to serve as references to Human Resources at email@example.com. Review of candidates will continue until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.