Barton College is seeking candidates for the position of Director of Alumni Relations and Digital Engagement. This position is full-time (40 hours a week), Monday – Friday, flexible. Evening and weekend work is required. This is an exempt position.
The Director of Alumni Relations and Digital Engagement will:
- be responsible for the direction and coordination of all alumni activities
- provide vision and collaborative leadership of a college-wide alumni relations strategy that connects and engages the Barton alumni community
- partner with Development to identify, cultivate, and steward alumni giving and serve as a liaison between alumni and academic and administrative leadership
- be responsible for developing and delivering an integrated multi-channel communications strategy to cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with alumni and major stakeholders
- and meet or exceed department’s alumni participation team goals.
- Provide vision, leadership, and oversight to the Office of Alumni Relations, its committees, and other partners to plan and execute the vision and strategy of the College related to alumni engagement
- Engage alumni in the life of the College through consistent and positive communication using electronic, print, and social media; exceptional customer service; and meaningful opportunities for volunteerism, service, personal and professional development, and events and chapters
- Work in conjunction with the staff member supervising the Student Philanthropy Committee for the purpose of building life-long connections and facilitating continued engagement and support for the College
- Meet the needs of all constituencies during Homecoming/Reunion and Young Alumni Weekend by working in conjunction with the Director of Donor Relations who plans and executes homecoming/reunion activities for alumni, students, faculty, staff, and the community
- Develop and execute plans and activities for alumni affinity groups (academic, special interest, professional affiliations, etc.), identify and cultivate volunteer leadership, develop strategies for the success of regional chapters, and support their events and activities
- Oversee and promote the Alumni Referral Scholarship Program
- Work with the Director of Advancement Services to ensure alumni records are current in order to locate and connect with alumni
- Develop and build alumni chapters around the country; be responsible for the identification, recruitment, and training of alumni club volunteers for these chapters; coordinate club schedules, calendars, web sites, and communication with volunteers
- Be responsible for the daily management of Barton’s alumni communications, social media channels and website and manage the quality and frequency of messages to alumni
- Develop and manage Alumni Relations annual budget
- Bachelor degree
- 3+ years of alumni relations experience in higher education
- Minimum of 1+ years of marketing and digital experience
- Track record of creating content and digital strategies that drive engagement and user acquisition
- Demonstrated track record of management and leadership
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively, to listen, and an unusual capacity to engage, inspire, and persuade
- The ability to ignite a passion and to create and communicate excitement about Barton College’s compelling mission
- A self-starter with a high level of energy, self-confidence, and a positive “can-do” attitude are essential.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously.
Please submit your resume and cover letter electronically (MS Word or PDF preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.