The Ideal Candidate
Barton College’s Office of Institutional Advancement is seeking an enthusiastic, goal-oriented professional with exceptional organizational and people skills to join its fundraising team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for and demonstrated experience in leading and inspiring teams, thriving in a goal-oriented environment, and appreciating the impact of social media and traditional communications on desired outcomes. Additionally, the candidate should be able to demonstrate an ability to write compelling messaging to drive results and analyze and adapt programming to ensure goals are met. A key requirement is to enjoy meeting people and helping to connect them in meaningful ways.
Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Director of Annual Giving and Digital Marketing has primary responsibility for developing and coordinating the digital, social media, and direct appeals for the Barton College Annual Fund; achieving the financial annual goal for unrestricted giving; and planning and managing the operations of the Barton College Phonathon Program. The Director of Annual Giving and Digital Marketing will strive to foster ongoing relationships in addition to advancing program metrics. The Director will also oversee the Director of Student Philanthropy, while working closely with Alumni Relations to cultivate solid alumni relationships and to increase participation in the Barton College Annual Fund among students and recent graduates.
- Provides leadership, direction, strategy, and supervision for the phonathon program for limited duration in fall and spring
- Develops and manages a cultivation and appeals plan specific to alumni within five years of graduation
- Integrates comprehensive direct appeals to include digital, social media, and print strategies for all Barton College Annual Fund campaigns
- Updates and maintains Giving website pages
- Develops strategies and implements the Barton College Annual Fund’s online presence in support of donor and dollars goals
- Assists in the strategy, development, and execution of digital campaigns such as Giving Days; works with colleagues to ensure a collaborative and successful digital fundraising effort
- Coordinates direct mail processes (copy writing, mail house coordination, budget maintenance) in conjunction with the Director of Gift Management
- Implements strategies to drive donor participation and dollar acquisition in accordance to overall fiscal-year goal
- Hires, trains, schedules, and oversees shifts for a team of student callers; coordinates recruitment in collaboration with appropriate campus departments; oversees all student-employee-related processes
- Strategically analyzes data and provides reports on appeals tracking and phonathon outcomes as related to donor and dollar goals
Effect on End Results/Strategic Impact
This position has an important impact on the successful functionality of the Institutional Advancement Office. End results and strategic impact shall be measured by the effectiveness of fundraising operations as related to Essential Functions and clearly defined strategic plans, and the advancement of the College as a mission-driven, non-profit institution.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Communications, Management, Marketing, or other Business majors preferred
- Must have minimum 2 years of annual fund experience, preferably in a higher education setting
- Strong knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software highly preferred
- Must have demonstrated success in achieving financial goals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communications, leadership, and organizational skills
- Experience managing/motivating others
- Digital and social media content development skills, with an emphasis on fundraising
- Ability to conduct strategic analysis of data
- Working knowledge of a variety of software applications are required; experience in Raiser’s Edge is a must
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, which will include 3 to 4 evenings a week as part of office hours during phonathon season, and occasional weekend work
- Familiarity with liberal arts college environment is a plus
Please submit your resume and cover letter electronically (MS Word or PDF preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.