Barton College seeks a full-time Desktop Support Technician in the Information Technology Division.
The Desktop Support Technician provides user support for the College and is responsible for the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of computer hardware, operating systems, network configurations, and software.
- Maintain workstations on a domain networked computing environment (Active Directory)
- Assist with the setup and establishment of workstations
- Troubleshoot user questions and problems
- Maintain technology equipment for users
- Assist users in branch locations with network setup and maintenance
- Utilization of Remote Desktop Support
- Perform information technology projects as directed
- Ability to effectively interact with students, faculty, and staff.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or an equivalent combination of education and training/experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of TCP/IP LAN/WAN networking
- Knowledge of Virtualization
- MS Office; Windows 7 and 10 Pro; Windows Server 2008, 2010, 2012
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to work independently
- Ability to work professionally with executive management level users and with other office personnel in person and by telephone in all situations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of VOIP
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Highly organized, with ability to report on status of projects
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
Please send a resume, cover letter explaining qualifications, and copies of unofficial transcripts to Vicky Morris, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of candidates for this position will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.