Barton College is hiring for a full-time Associate Director of Advancement who will oversee the comprehensive management and implementation of all advancement strategies with the focus of achieving all annual giving goals set for each fiscal year.
- Meet and/or exceed annually assigned fundraising goals for the annual unrestricted fund, general scholarship fund, Barton Society, and Bell society, as well as metrics for donor retention, alumni giving, and other annual giving metrics as assigned.
- Manage a portfolio of individual, mid-major-level givers ($1,000-$9,999 annually) and football/athletic corporate partners at Barton College.
- Oversee the activation of all football/athletic corporate partners at Barton College.
- Support all management and stewardship of campus-wide corporate partners.
- Implementation of the annual giving calendar: print appeals, digital solicitations, giving programs.
- Oversee the Bell Society in coordination with the Director of Donor Relations.
- Oversee advancement hospitality spaces within athletics in conjunction with the Office of Donor Relations and the Department of Athletics: President’s Box, VIP Season Ticket Holder Tent, and the Bulldog Club Room.
- Serve as liason to the Athletics Department for the Bulldog Club.
- Campus-wide support for team and program-specific fundraising initiatives.
- Coordination with the Director of Donor Relations to create the optimal donor experience.
- Provide accurate and timely activity reports and revenue forecasts.
- Respond in a timely manner to all annual giving inquiries and issues.
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in an applicable field and a minimum of two years of experience in fundraising within a higher education institution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies.
- Ability to build effective internal and external relationships.
- Experience overseeing the development and maintenance of an annual giving program.
- Experience managing a portfolio of donors and corporate partners.
- A strong work ethic, personal integrity, and ability to be discreet in handling confidential and proprietary information appropriately.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Evidence of ability to produce results as well as a commitment to lifelong learning and professional growth.
- Self-motivation and an eagerness to be part of an emerging team.
- Computer literacy.
- Optimistic attitude.
- Familiarity with Barton College and a small, liberal arts environment.
- Experience in stewardship and cultivation of donors, alumni, and other constituents.
- Experience in athletics fundraising.
- Experience in corporate partnership activation.
- Familiarity with event management.
- Experience with Adobe Suite.
- Experience with Blackbaud and Raiser’s Edge NXT.
Please submit application materials including a letter of interest, current resume, and contact information for at least three professional references (all documents should be MS Word or PDF format) to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. References will not be checked until the candidate is informed. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Any claims of discrimination for Title IX or otherwise should be directed to our Title IX Coordinator, Victoria A. Morris, at P.O. Box 5000, Wilson, NC 27893, or at 252-399-6330 or at email@example.com.