Barton College has an immediate opening for an Associate Database Analyst. This position reports to the Senior Director of Technology Services and monitors existing information processing systems and workflow as required; works with the operations of Jenzabar EX products, InfoMaker, Microsoft Active Directory, and SSO products; and develops, tests, and modifies existing and new programs and writes complimentary programs. The employee must become familiar with the operations of all software products used in the department and will provide analysis assistance to departments to enable them to develop solutions to problems.
- Monitoring existing information processing systems and workflow
- Testing and modifying new and existing software programs/features
- Writing reports utilizing InfoMaker and SQL
- Providing support to staff and faculty
- Maintaining the student and employee information databases
- Managing user accounts in the database, Active Directory, and other systems as needed
- Communicating with users about data needs and issues
- Maintaining and writing programs used to import/export data
- Researching, implementing, testing, and training users on new features or software products
- Resolving software/program issues as they arise
- Other duties as assigned
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and multi-function devices.
This is mostly a sedentary role with occasionally moving and lifting of technology equipment.
Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field. SQL experience is a must. Need to have excellent written and oral communication, problem-solving skills, and ability to learn new software quickly. Programming skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Jenzabar software, and InfoMaker software are also desirable.
Please submit electronically, a cover letter explaining your interest and how you meet the qualifications of this position, a current resume, and contact information for at least three professional references (all should be MS Word or PDF format) to email@example.com.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.