Reporting to the Vice President for Athletics, the Associate Director of Facilities and Operations will provide leadership and oversight for all game-day operations, daily scheduling and maintenance of all athletic facilities including on-site supervision, and revenue generation and accounting through ticket sales, sponsorships, rentals, camps and conferences. This position will also have sports oversight responsibilities and will serve as a member of the Athletic Division senior leadership team.
Football Ticketing and Game Day Operations:
- Oversee ticketing
- Pass distribution, vendors, parents, VIPs – engage Barton business services
- Ensure compliance as a key component of ticket distribution
- Coordinate vendors
- Liaison to security, police and event management – support incident command
- Staff and schedule concessions
- Visiting team liaison
- Officials’ liaison
- Oversee parking and tailgating policies
- Coordinate management of necessary facilities including Wilson Gym and Hicks Complex
- Oversee game-day staff and coordinate all game-day operations
- Signage and safety
- Bulldog Walk
- Resource assignments including carts and radios
- Act as point person to coordinate game day campus-wide engagement
Facility and Event Management
- Coordinate facilities schedule for daily use
- Oversee game day management for all athletic contests
- Oversee reservations for all athletic facilities and venues
- Oversee inclement weather adjustments
- Schedule locker rooms for home and visiting teams
- Address necessary maintenance needs
- Oversee and promote football and basketball single-game and season ticket sales, and preferred parking
- Oversee and promote corporate sponsor program
- Oversee and market facility rentals, camps and conferences
- Oversee annual Hall of Fame Banquet
- Provide supervision and oversight for sports and support areas
- Serve as a member of Athletics senior leadership team
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President for Athletics
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience: Bachelor’s required, Masters preferred, along with 2-4 years’ experience in college athletic administration. Experience as a college coach and/or student athlete preferred.
The preferred candidate will demonstrate strong organization, fiscal, and personnel management skills; oral and written skills; interpersonal and teamwork skills; marketing and promotion skills; and computer/technology skills. High ethical standards and ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff, students and other publics. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. Must be willing to obtain certifications in CPR/First Aid/AED and other certifications as needed. Possession of or ability to obtain a valid North Carolina Driver’s license.
How to Apply: Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. If interested, please submit a letter of interest, current resume, and contact information for three people who are willing to serve as references to People & Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Any claims of discrimination for Title IX or otherwise should be directed to our Title IX Coordinator, Victoria A. Morris, at P.O. Box 5000, Wilson, NC 27893, or at 252-399-6330 or email@example.com.