Barton College is accepting applications for an Assistant Sports Performance/Nutrition Coach, a 10-month, full-time position with a start date of August 1, 2019. Barton College Athletics is a member of the Conference Carolinas and competes at the NCAA Division II level.
The Assistant Sports Performance/Nutrition Coach works under the direction and supervision of the Director of Sports Performance to assist with the training of 22 Division II teams. Applicant will be responsible for design, implementation, and supervision of teams as assigned by the Director of Sports Performance, as well as other duties assigned by the Director of Sports Performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization
- Collegiate strength and conditioning experience
- Experience teaching Olympic lifts and other strength exercises
- SCCC and/or CSCS certified or currently in the process of becoming certified
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Certification or significant coursework in/experience in sports nutrition
This position is funded by an NCAA Coaching Enhancement Grant, and women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time position that provides for salary and professional development. Evaluation of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
To apply, send a letter of application, resume/vita, and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) for at least three references to Matt Shubert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.